Epocrates Online

Monday, May 31, 2004

No lah, she dun have asthma....
Well, saw a 5 y.o. gal justnow. After taking history & examine her, I diagnosed AEBA.

Spoke to the mother.... after some explanation...

Dr: Asthma can be cured if treated & follow-up regularly...

Mother: Nooo... She dun have asthma..

Dr: Yes, from what u discribe n the wheezing, this is asthma... n we can cure it completely if we tackle it well...

Mother: No la she always like that wan, when sick then only like that... take medication then ok liao...

Dr: But u said her attacks quite frequent right? 2 - 3 times a month? That will need long term treatment n follow-up for her... I'll like to...

Mother: No lah, she just very 'lam' (weak) mar... taken medication then ok lor... U just gib me this this n that medication she always take enough...

Dr: Well, I'll sure give her the medication she require... but will also like to follow-up her, I suggest u to start an asthma diary for her... bla.. bla... bla...

Mother: (Give me a why u so keh po? type of look) We very busy wan la ... U give medication ok liao la...

.....

Sigh....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter create hit