Epocrates Online

Friday, September 30, 2005

14th ASEAN Congress of Anaesthesiologist


Yesterday I officially registered for the 14th ACA which will be held in Hanoi, Vietnam. This will cost me a boomshell if my Hospital doesn't approve my application for subsidise.

Looking forward to go there for this eye opening experience. This will be my 1st regional congress. Before this all the conference and congress I attended were national levels. What is more excited is all the 3 papers we submitted for free paper/poster presentation had been accepted for oral presentation! I'll be the presenting author for a paper with the title:"Continuous Spinal Anaesthesia for Palliative Surgery in Carcinoma Colon: An Initial Experience".

Acctually we didn't expect all the 3 papers we submitted would be accepted for oral presentation. It comes as a surprise. One of my boss and supervisor in this project will be going with me and he will present the other 2 papers.

Hmm.. Vietnam... Any advice out there for travelling to Vietnam?

4 Comments:

At 10/08/2005 4:37 PM, Blogger Chen said...

when is the conference?
I've never been to Vietnam though.. so, can't give u any advice :)
Your paper is interesting ""Continuous Spinal Anaesthesia for Palliative Surgery in Carcinoma Colon: An Initial Experience"."

 
At 10/08/2005 9:30 PM, Blogger LT said...

23rd-25th Nov.
We just started to give CSA as opposed to CSE which we usually practiced.

 
At 10/09/2005 12:16 AM, Blogger Chen said...

ic, so far we never do any CSA yet in my hospital...

 
At 10/09/2005 11:33 AM, Blogger LT said...

I think tht's the main reason the paper get accepted. It's still not widely used and has been in and out of favours over the last century. We are expecting the 4th coming of this method into daily practice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter create hit