Epocrates Online

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Private practice I

Yesterday I was the same Singaporean own Private Hospital again. I was there locum for it's Emergency Department (ED).

At one time, there is a 'kuai-lo' came for URTI, he wish to see a physician. At that moment the physician on-call is actually there in the ED reviewing another patient who I reffer to him for admission earlier. So after he (the physician) is done with the referal case, I spoken to him about the kui-lo requested to see a physician, and if he would like to see him.

The said physician went to see this kui-lo, seems very professional and polite. After the initial history taking, before he proceed to examination, guess what is the next questions he ask??

It's about if the patient has an insurance coverage, if he agree for admission.. bla bla bla...

Give me a break man! It's an URTI!

And when the kui-lo said he just want an out patient treatment, he imediately change tune and said, "In that case, the MO can see u and take care of this.' and he left the ED.

Well, well...

I'll stop here before I make further comments...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter create hit