Epocrates Online

Thursday, May 04, 2006

IRB's e-Filing

The Star running a story claimed success of the IRB's e-filing system. I welcome the move but had story to tell regarding its implementation.

Back in Feb 2006 when the IRB announce to the public the launching of e-filing, they said public can register for the digital cert in their brunch. It is also stated so on IRB's website.

I when to the IRB brunch in Bandar Perda, Seberang Prai in Feb twice to register for e-filing. The 1st time, I was told by the counter staff that they still don't know what to do and after a few weeks on my 2nd visit, I was told there are only a few public relation officers who are in-charge of this issue and they are having meeting.

My 3rd encounter was in March, I get the digital slip from IRB's moblie counter in Giant Bayan Baru, Penang. It was a Saturday, the officer told me to try register online after tuesday. Knowing their effectiveness, 2 working days seems 'reasonable'. However, when I tried on the following tuesday, the server tells me there are no such information in the system. Tried many times over the weeks. Get the same message my friend GASMAN get: "Pemegang No KP ini Belum Cukup Umur 18 Tahun!" (The new IC holder not yet attain 18years old) [I later realised it's because of firefox, using IE there is no under 18yr old problem, they do mention we need Windows and IE].

Went to IRB office again mid April and finally get it registered in the office itself. Must admit it is very fast (the punch line is u have to be there and watch them doing the work.) My guess is the officer in-charge didn't enter my information into their server after I got the earlier slip from the IRB mobile counter. (same old story, we have to watch them doing their work, without our present, they will not bother to do their work)

Well, after 2 months of trying, I finally manage to upload and sent my tax return on the 27th April. So my verdict is: The system is ok, it's the people! Again, another story of 1st class infrastructure, 3rd class mentality...

ps: A 5th year in service malaysian government doctor (married with kids)doesn't have to pay tax as we don't earn enough to be taxed... am I supposed to be happy or sad??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter create hit