Epocrates Online

Sunday, June 05, 2005

This PDA version is written by Dr. Oliver Karam adapted from Prof Frank Shann's 13th edition (not in print yet).

If u download a registered version by paying USD10.00 at www.drugdoses.net , you'll get a registered version lasted till 1st Jan 2007.

Serching for a particular drug is easy. The display is simple and effective.

There are rooms for improvements though: Like Sian in kvpug said, it would be nice if there is a function to add personal notes to any drugs and also a dosing calculator.

I found out that it response to up-down scrolling but not to the center select button of my T5's navigation button. No left-right switching tabs too.

For dosing calculation I usually fire up SnapCal5 which runs in the background of my T5 to do the job. (that's what I do for my free epocrates, didn't register the pro versin which comes with a dosing calculator).

lf you have a PDA (PalmOS or WindowsMobile, not the congenital heart disease), this is worth investing and also a better option for upgrade from 12th ed to 13th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter create hit