Epocrates Online

Sunday, October 02, 2005

What do I get from Budget 2006?

Well, I was on call on the Budget day. The radio in my Operation Room (OR) tune into budget speach at 15:30hr. Everyone, including the patient on table was listening and anticipating goodies from Pak Lah.

Looking at our current economy status, I personally think that the small goodies that we are receiving is 'good enough'. Although of coz there will never be enough when it comes to goodies... the more the marrier, but it's reasonably 'good enough'.

So for me, still a Pegawai Perubatan U41, I'll get rm150/month of COLA, and rm300/month from civil service fixed allowance (ITKA) which was rm170/month. A total of rm280 richer per month. That's not bad at all for a 'kaki-tangan kerajaan' who get anual increaments of rm80/month!

And for the 1 month bonus, I'd never thought there'll be 2months anyway. So I'm happy as long as Pak Lah didn't said 'lets show that we care, face the difficult time by cutting our bonus!' ;P

What's next? The RM5,000 tax relief for professional courses may help too.

Everytime they increase the 'sin' tax, I'll hope to get more healthier patients, less AEBA, less COAD patients, but that's just a big hope.. ppl will just complaints that life getting tougher but they will continue to smoke and drink!

So' I don't think I'll see more healthier patient nor less asthmatics or COADs or even MI following the increase of 'sin' tax. May be I'll see more snatch theif induced injury!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter create hit