Epocrates Online

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Private practice II

Talk about private hospital care again.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not against private practice. And I'm not hinting that public health care is any better too.

One thing I can't stand when working in private hospital is all patients needed to be cleared by the customer service guys before treatments or investigations is given ecept the very basic life support. Either a deposit, insurance or GL from company etc. is needed for further management.

Last night I have a 16 years old rushed into our Emergency Department (ED). He met an MVA (motor vehicle accident), came in GCS 3/15, had laceration wounds over the face, neck and scalp. Hip dislocation. After preoxygenation before intubation patient's GCS improved to 13/15. So I didn't intubate him. Set a drip and run crystaloid.

Tht's all I supposed to do before the party confirm on payment...

We cannot get CT or even plain xray done before they are cleared. Finally we transfered the patient to GH. The MO incharge in GH just ask the relevent clinical question and ask us to send the case over. That's the public hospital!

Our government should really continue and ensure at least close to 5% GDP budget for health care! Access to basic health care is BASIC HUMAN RIGHT!

2 Comments:

At 7/05/2006 11:46 AM, Blogger iml said...

In an emergency, which A&E should one rush to for immediate attention? I.e. a stroke or a heart attack. To the local GH or a private hospital?

 
At 7/15/2006 2:35 PM, Blogger LT said...

huajern, thanx for leaving commants. How's thing going? The last time we met was when u came to Pg for ur nephro conference with my friend Pok.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter create hit