Epocrates Online

Monday, June 27, 2005

2nd MOTCCS Conference

When to Melaka for the 2nd Conference on Military Operation Theatre and Critical Care Services (MOTCCS)last week. The conference was organised by Hospital Angkatan Tentera Kem Terendak, Melaka.

This is also the 1st time I bring my kids (now 7 smonth old) out of Penang. The journey to Melaka was very smooth, they slept most of the time, woke up for milk and change. We stopped at R&R quite often when they awake. Longest being Sg. Buloh, parents and sons need to treat stomach, about 2 hrs.

Melaka is quite a nice small town to stroll around in the evening. However, we didn't see much, we have to follow William and Bryan's sleeping pattern. The 2nd night we only go out to eat, didn't go other places becouse of the haze. Tried the chicken rice ball, but it is not impressive at all, I still like the normal Hainan chicken rice and Ipoh Nga Choi Kai better. Didn't have time to try the satey celup.

The conference is a little too pack with 4 breakout sessions running simultaneously at a given time. Sometimes it's like 'fish and bear paw' kind of situation, hard to chose which to attend. Quite interesting topics though.

Nexy will be The 3rd NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON INTENSIVE CARE in Sept 2005. See u ppl there if any You will be there.

3 Comments:

At 6/27/2005 11:32 AM, Blogger Chen said...

LT,

u are very lucky loh, get to attend so many conferences.. :) Most of the conferences I attend are locally held in Penang.. The last outstation conference I attended is way back in July 2002 (that is 3 years ago already :) )

I went to Malacca many times already, I think at least 5 times :)

yeah.. nothing nice or special about the Chicken rice ball, except that the rice is round in shape, like a ball.. Nice looking for kids, I presume..

satay celup, I ate that few times already :)

 
At 6/28/2005 2:03 PM, Blogger LT said...

Well Chen, it's actually semi-makan-sendiri. My hospital only agreed to pay for the registration. That too I haven't get the money and dunno if they will really release it or not.

So how do u rate the satay celup? Really nice? This is only my 2nd visit to Melaka, the 1st was during form 3 went there for a camp.

 
At 6/28/2005 9:57 PM, Blogger Chen said...

Well, the satay celup, similar principle with lok lok, but much more varieties.. :D & much more expensive as well..

I would rate is as "so-so" only lah.. but if u never tried it before, then worth trying it loh.. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter create hit